Blind and Low Vision Services (BLVS)
Vocational Rehabilitation Program
The vocational rehabilitation program provides services to assist individuals with visual disabilities or blindness find or maintain employment.
The types of services we provide are based on what you need to get and keep a job. After you and your counselor determine the work goal that is best for you, the services provided MAY include some of the following:
- Evaluation Services – Medical, psychological, and vocational evaluations
- Career Counseling and Guidance Services – Counseling and guidance related to adjustment to blindness, training, and employment
- Adaptive Skills Training – Vision Rehabilitation Therapists will teach you how to carry out everyday activities, such as handwriting, cooking, managing money, reading, and Braille.
- Mobility training – Orientation and mobility specialists will teach you how to move around your home, place of employment, and community.
- Low Vision - We will evaluate your low vision needs, recommend aids, and provide instructions on how to use them.
- Medical or Psychological Services – These services may be available on a limited basis should you need them to get and keep a job.
- Training –Coordinate and help fund such services such as on-the-job training, job coaching, business/trade school, college or other vocational programs if you need them to qualify for employment.
- Job Development and Placement Services –Assistance to help you with your job search.
- Rehabilitation Technology – You and your counselor may identify and obtain required adaptive aids or equipment For example: computer adaptions, workstation modifications and magnification devices.
- Post Employment Services – Once you are employed, support services related to your disability may be provided to help you keep your job.
- Referrals –Coordinate with other programs and services to increase your opportunities for employment.
Each of the four offices consist of a team of specialists: vocational rehabilitation counselor, vision rehabilitation therapist, mobility specialist and an administrative support person. To access these services, contact the Montana Blind and Low Vision team nearest you.
Billings Blind and Low Vision Services Team
2121 Rosebud Dr Suite C-1
Billings, MT 59102
1 (888) 279-7532 (toll-free consumer line)
(406) 248-4801 (voice)
(406) 652-6046 (TTY)
(406) 652-1781 (fax)
Butte Blind and Low Vision Services Team
700 Casey Street, Suite B
Butte, MT 59701
1 (888) 279-7531 (toll-free consumer line)
(406) 496-4925 (voice/TTY)
(406) 782-8728 (fax)
Great Falls Blind and Low Vision Services Team
201 1st Street So, Suite 2
Great Falls, MT 59405
1 (888) 279-7527 (toll-free consumer line)
(406) 454-6060 (voice)
(406) 454-6080 (TTY)
(406) 454-6084 (fax)
Missoula Blind and Low Vision Services Team
2675 Palmer, Suite A
Missoula, MT 59801
1 (888) 279-7528 (toll-free consumer line)
(406) 329-5400 (voice/TTY)
(406) 329-5420 (fax)
- Vocational Rehabilitation for Blind/Low Vision
- Business Enterprise Program
- Older Blind Program
- Contact Us
- BLVS Offices by County
- Appeal Rights
- Useful Links
- Policy and Documents